The red list is no more, our first volunteers since 2019 have been able to travel to Africa, and our Director, Dan, is currently in Kenya for the first time in two years.
To say we’re over the moon to see things getting back to normal is an understatement! We’re so excited for more volunteers to travel to our partner schools to help with the backlog of development work that has built up over the previous couple of years.
If you’re travelling with us next year, you’ll be covered under our brand new Travelsure insurance policy. Read on to find out what it is and how it’s designed to give you complete confidence when booking or travelling with us…
What is it?
Developed in partnership with ABTA (the UK’s most trusted travel association), the School Travel Forum and AXA Insurance (one of the largest travel insurance providers in the UK), our new travel insurance policy is designed to give you complete peace of mind when you travel with us.
Our new policy covers anyone who is booked to travel with us next year. The policy is included in all our trip packages as standard, and is designed to give you confidence as you prepare for, and set off on, your African Adventure.
Our Travelsure policy includes:
- Covid-19 cancellation cover if you test positive before or during your trip, including if you’re ‘pinged’ by NHS Test and Trace as having been in contact with someone who has tested positive
- Access to a free travel companion app, which includes a medical translator, hospital locator, emergency numbers and real-time updates on security risks in your destination
- 24/7 online video access to English-speaking doctors via a ‘telemedical’ app
- Cover for all volunteering activities including sports, teaching and building work
- No exemptions for pre-existing medical conditions
- No excess to pay on claims (excluding luggage)
- All claims call centres based in the UK
Our new Travelsure insurance policy goes hand-in-hand with our Book With Confidence policy, giving you complete peace of mind when you decide to book with us.
In addition to comprehensive cover for travel complications relating to Covid-19, our Book With Confidence policy includes:
- Flexible changes to trip dates for bookings made before 31st December 2021
- Full cash refunds in the event that we have to cancel your trip
- Financial protection through the ATOL scheme
We hope you’re as excited as we are to be able to travel again, and we know that our partner schools can’t wait to welcome volunteers back to their communities. In the meantime, you can find out more about our Travelsure policy here, and read about our Book With Confidence policy here.