Student enrichment programmes for community sports trusts, providing young people with an unparallelled learning experience and improved exit pathways.
African Adventures’ International Sports Enrichment Programme (ISEP) provides young people from your sports trust with an unparalleled learning experience and improved exit pathways. This is a truly enterprising programme with tangible outcomes for young people.
African Adventures has already worked with over 20 Community Sports Trusts (CSTs) to deliver valuable volunteering journeys in Africa and we are excited to share our passion and expertise in education.
Participants need to work together to raise funds before embarking on a life-changing volunteer experience in Africa, becoming more rounded global citizens in the process. The programme, which can be spread across 9-18 months, teaches important life skills, such as money management, decision-making, planning, teamwork and tolerance. The experience can be tailored to focus on football, multi-sports and/or academic education.
We recommend that all CSTs break down their fundraising phase into four parts to help participants achieve their target. The following methods are suggested to help volunteers meet their trip cost objectives: individual fundraising, group fundraising, sponsorship and personal savings.
Please explore our trip options, find out more and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Five Reasons Why Sports Trusts Choose Us
Having organised trips for over 20 football league clubs, we’re a specialist in sports enrichment programmes. Our accreditations will assure you that you are travelling with a company that is safely run, fully insured, and responsibly motivated.
We believe that young people gain as much as they give before, during and after their volunteer trip. Leading to developed skills from resilience to leadership, we have seen volunteering bring the best out of so many and provide the tools needed to succeed in higher education and/or employment.
We make the organisation of your trip as easy as possible. Our bespoke online platform holds all the tools and resources you and your group will need to prepare you for the journey ahead. Your dedicated Groups Manager will take care of trip admin and make sure that your entire group is looked after, from launch to your safe return.
Quite simply, we guarantee that you won’t find the same opportunity for less. Our packages include everything you need and our support tools make financing them as simple as possible.
We have established a unique, ethical and effective model of volunteering which allows volunteers to get the most out of their experience whilst providing maximum benefit to our partner projects.
Sports Enrichment Programme Packages
What’s Included In Your Package?
We pride ourselves on our excellent pre-departure service and fully inclusive sports enrichment programme.
- Dedicated UK Groups Manager & Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our My African Adventure portal and volunteer resource area
- Free place with every 10 volunteers
- Personal travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- Free t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Indirect flights from London Heathrow1 2
- Return airport transfers in-country
- Dedicated African Adventures Trip Co-ordinator
- Single-sex, shared accommodation
- Three meals per day
- Daily transport as per itinerary
- Organised project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Contribution to essential project development
After You Travel
- Full trip debrief with UK Groups Manager
- Certification of completion of volunteer programme for your sports trust
What’s Not Included?
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee
During your trip
- Spending money
- Drinking water
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
- There is a £50 summer flying supplement for trips taking place in July and August
Frequently Asked Questions
You can expect your students to finish the programme with:
- Better money management skills, having had to budget, plan and assess.
- A deeper understanding of global issues.
- Experience of a significantly different culture to the one they are used to and adjusting to a different way of life.
- An enhanced ability to work as part of a team to achieve a common goal.
- A greater ability to improvise inside a classroom teaching environment and outside on the pitch, in a sporting capacity.
- Our student enrichment programme is a great recruitment tool for new students and an incentivising retention tool for second-year students.
- Your CST and adjoining football club will be able to demonstrate a clear commitment to student development in the UK and Africa.
- Your CST will return from the programme with an attractive photo album to document your experience that can be used across several club platforms.
- We recommend that most CSTs split their fundraising phase across 6-15 months. This depends on the amount of time your CST and students are able to spend on fundraising.
- Participating in the programme means that every individual is responsible for fundraising their costs, so they must take ownership of their fundraising plan, together with support from the group leader and CST.
- We have lots of brilliant fundraising support tools to use, helping to significantly reduce the chance of an individual not being able to raise the required costs.
- The best way to mitigate this is to set a monthly fundraising target from the outset, so that you can make sure each individual is on track.
- All year round, except December.
- Some programmes may have limited availability during the month of August.
- We run school trips for students in Year 8 and above so, bearing in mind most CST students are enrolled at 16+, the student enrichment programme for sports clubs is perfect for all ages.