Our inspiring school expeditions provide a challenging and rewarding learning experience for your students.
We understand that a school trip should support your curriculum and help your students’ development, without adding to your workload. Well, look no further…
Our educational, meaningful and affordable school expeditions give your students a unique opportunity to take their learning beyond the classroom and develop new skills for later life. Furthermore, you can accompany them on this eye-opening and unforgettable adventure, with one free staff place for every 10 students.
We promise to make the entire process as simple as possible. We’ll take care of a lot of the admin, provide an inclusive trip package, and support your group from start to finish to ensure you have an unforgettable experience in Africa.
The journey starts long before the trip itself. Through fundraising, your students can gain invaluable life skills such as money management, decision-making, and organisation. After their experience, we’re confident that they’ll return home as more resilient and well-rounded individuals, having learnt what it takes to become a global citizen.
Please explore our school expeditions, find out more and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
find out more about our school expeditions:
Five Reasons Why Schools Choose Us
African Adventures is an educational travel specialist with over 10 years’ experience of organising successful volunteer experiences for thousands of students and hundreds of schools and colleges. We proudly hold a number of accreditations that should give you faith that you are travelling with a reputable and trusted company which is safely run, fully insured, and responsibly motivated.
We make your trip as easy to organise as possible. Our exclusive online platform – My African Adventure – contains all the tools and resources you and your group need to prepare for the journey ahead. Your friendly Trip Co-ordinator will take care of all your trip admin, and make sure that your group is looked after from the moment you book, through to your safe return to the UK.
African Adventures is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, which aligns our work to the UN Sustainable Development Goals – the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. We are committed to driving 15 of the 17 Goals – relating to people, planet, prosperity, peace, and partnership – giving our work real focus and meaning.
We have established a unique, ethical, and effective model of volunteering which allows volunteers to get the most out of their experience whilst providing maximum benefit to our partner projects.
Quite simply, we guarantee that you won’t find the same opportunity for less. Our trip packages include everything you need, and our support tools make financing them as simple as possible.
School Trip Package
Virtually everything you need is included in the cost of your trip:
- Free staff place with every 10 volunteers
- Dedicated UK Trip Co-ordinator
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our online portal – My African Adventure – for trip information, travel advice, payments and planning
- Bespoke volunteer travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- African Adventures t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Return indirect flights from London Heathrow1 2
- Return airport transfers in-country and daily transport
- Orientation upon arrival
- Dedicated in-country Trip Host
- Single-sex, shared accommodation
- Three meals per day (except adventure days)
- Pre-planned project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Project development contribution
What’s not included?
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee (£30-£60, subject to destination)
- DBS check for over 18s
During your trip
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
- A £50 supplement applies for flights departing in July or August
In a recent survey of our youth volunteers…
of respondents said that the experience met or exceeded their expectations
of respondents feel that their trip gave them a better insight into a different culture and the wider world
of respondents said their trip has given them the confidence to try new things
Discover and Explore
Frequently Asked Questions
If your trip is cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak, you will receive a full refund of your trip costs from African Adventures, so you can book with confidence.
If a volunteer falls unwell on one of our trips, including with suspected Coronavirus, the cost of medical treatment and, if required, repatriation is covered under the personal travel insurance policy included in the cost of your place.
Your students will:
- Develop invaluable skills and qualities such as budgeting, organisation, resilience, communication, independence, and teamwork.
- Enjoy a unique educational experience which enhances college, apprenticeship and university applications.
- Return as more responsible and culturally aware global citizens.
- Help to create lasting change and develop their understanding of international development.
- Feel proud of the impact they have made whilst volunteering.
- Go on an emotional journey that will change their perspective on the world.
- Build new relationships and make new friends.
The benefits of educational volunteering can be found in our Learning Outside the Classroom white paper.
Yes, return flights are included as standard in all our group trip packages.
Any student between the ages of 13-18 would be ideally suited to volunteer with African Adventures.
We have groups travelling throughout the year. Just let us know when is the best time for your school group to travel!
Our safety record is impeccable. Visit the ‘Your Safety’ section of our website to find out more.
For every 10 students, we provide one staff place completely free of charge.
No; African Adventures is a social enterprise. Our volunteers carry out fundraising to cover their trip costs – this is an important part of the African Adventures experience. The money that volunteers raise funds all aspects of their trip, such as flights, accommodation and adventure activities. As this money is not raised for a charity, volunteers should use crowdfunding webpages (e.g. FundMyTravel), rather than charity pages such as Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving.
We do, however, also have a charity arm called African Adventures Foundation, and some volunteers choose to fundraise for our charity on their return from Africa. Because African Adventures Ltd. covers any associated costs, African Adventures Foundation is able to ensure that 100% of donations are sent to where they are needed most. Visit aaf.african-adventures.co.uk for more information.