Affordable school expeditions providing a challenging and rewarding learning experience for students aged 13-18.
Educational, meaningful and affordable trips for students are hard to come by. Ideally, as a teacher, you’ll be looking for a trip that not only meets specific curriculum objectives but helps your students’ educational and personal development. Well, look no further.
Having worked closely with teachers, students and educational professionals, our school and college trips are specifically created with your students, and their personal development, in mind.
Our aim is to make the entire experience for you as a group leader as simple, easy and hassle-free as possible. We take care of the admin, provide inclusive packages, and help students and teachers through every step of their trip journey so that you feel supported from start to finish.
The experience for your students starts the moment they sign up. During the pre-departure stage, students gain invaluable life skills such as money management, independent decision-making and planning. Every student comes back a more resilient, enterprising and flexible individual, whilst learning exactly what it takes to become a truly global citizen.
Please explore our trip options, find out more and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Want to find out more about our school expeditions?
We are here to support you and answer your questions.
Five Reasons Why Schools Choose Us
African Adventures is an education travel specialist, having organised successful volunteer experiences for thousands of students and hundreds of schools. We proudly hold a number of accreditations that should give you faith that you are travelling with a reputable and trusted company that is safely run, fully insured, and responsibly motivated.
We believe that students gain as much as they give before, during and after their volunteer trip. Leading to developed skills from resilience to leadership, we have seen volunteering bring the best out of so many.
We make the organisation of your trip as easy as possible. Our bespoke online platform holds all the tools and resources you and your group will need to prepare you for the journey ahead. Your dedicated Groups Manager will take care of trip admin and make sure that your entire group is looked after, from launch to your safe return.
Quite simply, we guarantee that you won’t find the same opportunity for less. Our packages include everything you need and our support tools make financing them as simple as possible.
We have established a unique, ethical and effective model of volunteering which allows volunteers to get the most out of their experience whilst providing maximum benefit to our partner projects.
School Expeditions Trip Package
What’s Included In Your Package?
As specialists, we pride ourselves on our excellent pre-departure service and fully inclusive school expeditions.
- Free staff place with every 10 volunteers
- Dedicated UK Groups Manager & Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our My African Adventure portal and volunteer resource area
- Personal travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- Free t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Indirect flights from London Heathrow1 2
- Return airport transfers in-country
- Dedicated African Adventures Trip Co-ordinator
- Single-sex, shared accommodation
- Three meals per day
- Daily transport as per itinerary
- Organised project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Contribution to essential project development
After You Travel
- Full trip debrief with UK Groups Manager
- Certification of completion of volunteer programme for your school
What’s Not Included?
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee
During your trip
- Spending money
- Drinking water
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
- There is a £50 summer flying supplement for trips taking place in July and August
Frequently Asked Questions
Your students will benefit greatly and will:
- Learn valuable skills such as money management, fundraising, planning and critical thinking.
- Enjoy a unique educational experience, enhancing college, apprenticeship and university application prospects.
- Return as more globally and culturally aware citizens.
- Help to create lasting change and become more understanding of international development work.
- Feel proud of the impact made whilst volunteering.
- Go on an emotional journey that will make them appreciate their quality of education.
- Build new relationships and make new friends.
- Be encouraged to continue their philanthropic commitment into the future.
The benefits of educational volunteering can be found in our Learning Outside the Classroom white paper.
Yes, return flights are included as standard in all our group trip packages.
Any student between the ages of 13-18 would be ideally suited to volunteer with African Adventures.
We have groups travelling throughout the year. Just let us know when is the best time for your group to travel!
Our safety record is impeccable. Visit the ‘Your Safety’ section of our website to find out more.
Our teacher places are entirely free (based on 10 students travelling for every one teacher).