Affordable school expeditions providing a challenging and rewarding learning experience for students aged 13-18.
African Adventures provides educational and meaningful expeditions that are genuinely affordable. Our school and college trips allow students to gain a truly global outlook and instigate cultural exchange through volunteering at our partner schools in Ghana, Kenya and Zanzibar.
Why are we different? Quite simply, we understand the pressures teachers and students face every day so we work hard to make the entire process as simple as possible, from launch to your safe return. We appreciate that learning takes place inside and outside of the classroom which is why every trip has a genuine educational focus with demonstrable value. Most importantly, we care about positively impacting students in the UK and our partner projects in Africa. What’s more, our impeccable safety record and accreditations provide you with real peace of mind.
The experience for your students starts the moment they sign up. During the pre-departure stage, students gain invaluable life skills such as money management, independent decision-making and planning. Our trips provide a platform for your students to learn and grow as young adults, and present an opportunity to improve prospects for life after education. Please explore our trip options, find out more and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
School Expeditions Trip Package
What’s Included In Your Package?
As specialists, we pride ourselves on our excellent pre-departure service and fully inclusive school expeditions.
- Dedicated UK Groups Manager & Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our My African Adventure portal and volunteer resource area
- Free staff place with every 10 volunteers
- Personal travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- Free t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Indirect flights from London Heathrow1 2
- Return airport transfers in-country
- Dedicated African Adventures Trip Co-ordinator
- Three meals per day
- Daily transport as per itinerary
- Organised project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Contribution to essential project development
After You Travel
- Full trip debrief with UK Groups Manager
- Certification of completion of volunteer programme for your school
What’s Not Included?
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee
During your trip
- Spending money
- Drinking water
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
- There is a £50 summer flying supplement for trips taking place in July and August
Frequently Asked Questions
Your students will benefit greatly and will:
- Learn valuable skills such as money management, fundraising, planning and critical thinking.
- Enjoy a unique educational experience, enhancing college, apprenticeship and university application prospects.
- Return as more globally and culturally aware citizens.
- Help to create lasting change and become more understanding of international development work.
- Feel proud of the impact made whilst volunteering.
- Go on an emotional journey that will make them appreciate their quality of education.
- Build new relationships and make new friends.
- Be encouraged to continue their philanthropic commitment into the future.
The benefits of educational volunteering can be found in our Learning Outside the Classroom white paper.
Yes, return flights are included as standard in all our group trip packages.
Any student between the ages of 13-18 would be ideally suited to volunteer with African Adventures.
We have groups travelling throughout the year. Just let us know when is the best time for your group to travel!
Our safety record is impeccable. Visit the ‘Your Safety’ section of our website to find out more.
Our teacher places are entirely free (based on 10 students travelling for every one teacher).