Our inspiring school expeditions provide a challenging and rewarding learning experience for students aged 13+.
Educational, meaningful and affordable school expeditions are hard to come by. Ideally, you’ll be looking for a trip that not only meets your specific curriculum objectives, but helps your students’ educational and personal development. Well, look no further…
Taken out of their comfort zones, your students will have a unique opportunity to learn and develop new skills that will support their education, and which they can take with them into later life. Furthermore, you can accompany them on this eye-opening and unforgettable adventure.
Our promise to you is that we make the entire experience as simple and hassle-free as possible. We’ll take care of a lot of the admin, provide inclusive school expedition packages, and help your group through every step of their trip journey so that you feel supported from start to finish.
The experience starts long before the trip itself. Through fundraising the monies required to go on the trip, your students can gain invaluable life skills such as money management, independent decision-making, and organisation. Following the experience, we are confident that they will return home as more resilient, enterprising and well-rounded individuals, having learnt what it takes to become a global citizen.
Please explore our school expeditions, find out more and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Want to find out more about our school expeditions?
We are here to support you and answer your questions.
Five Reasons Why Schools Choose Us
African Adventures is an education travel specialist, having organised successful volunteer experiences for thousands of students and hundreds of schools and colleges. We proudly hold a number of accreditations that should give you faith that you are travelling with a reputable and trusted company that is safely run, fully insured, and responsibly motivated.
We make your trip as easy to organise as possible. Our bespoke online platform – My African Adventure – holds all the tools and resources you and your group need to prepare for the journey ahead. Your dedicated Trip Co-ordinator will take care of all your trip admin, and make sure that your group is looked after from launch through to your safe return to the UK.
African Adventures is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, which aligns our work to the UN Sustainable Development Goals – the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. We are committed to driving 15 of the 17 Goals – relating to people, planet, prosperity, peace, and partnership – giving our work real focus and meaning.
We have established a unique, ethical, and effective model of volunteering which allows volunteers to get the most out of their experience whilst providing maximum benefit to our partner projects.
Quite simply, we guarantee that you won’t find the same opportunity for less. Our packages include everything you need, and our support tools make financing them as simple as possible.
School Trip Package
What’s Included In Your Package
We pride ourselves on our excellent pre-departure service and comprehensive packages.
- Free staff place with every 10 volunteers
- Dedicated UK Trip Co-ordinator
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our online portal – My African Adventure – for trip information, travel advice, payments and planning
- Bespoke volunteer travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- African Adventures t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Return indirect flights from London Heathrow1 2
- Return airport transfers in-country and daily transport
- Orientation upon arrival
- Dedicated in-country Trip Host
- Single-sex, shared accommodation
- Three meals per day (except adventure days)
- Pre-planned project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Project development contribution
What’s Not Included
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee (£30-£60, subject to destination)
- DBS check for over 18s
During your trip
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
- A £50 supplement applies for flights departing in July or August
In a recent survey of our youth volunteers…
of respondents said that the experience met or exceeded their expectations
of respondents feel that their trip gave them a better insight into a different culture and the wider world
of respondents said their trip has given them the confidence to try new things
Discover and Explore
Frequently Asked Questions
Your students will:
- Develop invaluable skills and qualities such as budgeting, organisation, resilience, communication, independence, and teamwork.
- Enjoy a unique educational experience which can enhance future college, apprenticeship and university applications.
- Return as more responsible and culturally aware global citizens.
- Help to create lasting change and develop their understanding of international development.
- Feel proud of the impact they have made whilst volunteering.
- Go on an emotional journey that will change their perspective on the world.
- Build new relationships and make new friends.
The benefits of educational volunteering can be found in our Learning Outside the Classroom white paper.
Yes, return flights are included as standard in all our group trip packages.
Any student between the ages of 13-18 would be ideally suited to volunteer with African Adventures.
We have groups travelling throughout the year. Just let us know when is the best time for your school group to travel!
Our safety record is impeccable. Visit the ‘Your Safety’ section of our website to find out more.
For every 10 students, we provide one staff place completely free of charge.
No; African Adventures is a social enterprise. Our volunteers carry out fundraising to cover their trip costs – this is an important part of the African Adventures experience. The money that volunteers raise funds all aspects of their trip, such as flights, accommodation and adventure activities. As this money is not raised for a charity, volunteers should use crowdfunding webpages (e.g. FundMyTravel), rather than charity pages such as Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving.
We do, however, also have a charity arm called African Adventures Foundation, and some volunteers choose to fundraise for our charity on their return from Africa. Because African Adventures Ltd. covers any associated costs, African Adventures Foundation is able to ensure that 100% of donations are sent to where they are needed most. Visit aaf.african-adventures.co.uk for more information.