Marketing & Communications Officer
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Officer
Remuneration: £15,600 per annum. £12 per hour.
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire (Monday-Wednesday in office, Thursday and Friday work from home)
Start Date: Monday 20th November 2023
African Adventures is on a mission to change lives through volunteering in Africa. We organise life-changing opportunities for young people from schools, colleges, and charities to volunteer at the 25 schools we work with in developing areas of Ghana, Kenya, and Zanzibar.
We’re a unique organisation that’s both a tour operator and a development agency. We provide a comprehensive travel service to our volunteer groups, organising everything from their flights and accommodation to their pre-departure support and fundraising ideas, whilst working closely with our partner schools in Africa to ensure we improve school facilities and educational opportunities for their students.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on an interesting and challenging role at a unique company. It would suit a friendly, creative, detail-focused and hard-working person, driven by an interest in people, travel, and international development.
You’ll have at least two years of experience in a similar or transferable role and a passion for writing creative content. You’ll be highly organised, and have an interest in travel and international development, and capable of building strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Write copy to promote our unique volunteer trips- website, campaign content, brochures etc.
- Proofread and edit copy for accuracy, grammar and style consistency.
- Manage the main company website and volunteer portal.
- Ensure all website copy is optimised for SEO.
- Write blog posts for company website.
- Manage the acquisition of all image and video content from volunteer groups, including contacting groups for their submissions.
- Manage library of image and video content.
- Manage the RYI process of groups, including the creation of trip pages and email reminders.
- Manage volunteer feedback surveys.
- Manage the collection of case studies and write and edit the copy.
- Collect new data for our target audiences.
- Send personalised marketing emails from outlook to specific contacts.
- Manage contact databases for our target markets.
- Manage enquiries and replies from email marketing.
What We're Looking For
Minimum two years’ experience in a similar or transferable role
Friendly, team-orientated attitude
Highly motivated and a team player
Strong written and communication skills
An eye for detail
Positive attitude to problem solving
Proficiency in commonly used marketing content management tools
Passionate about international development, volunteering, travel and education
Experience of working in the school, travel or charity sector
• Flexible working hours and hybrid working
• Enrolment in the company bonus scheme
• Private healthcare cover
• Company pension scheme with annual increments
Think You'll Be a Good Fit?
To apply for this role, click the button below and provide your CV and cover letter, outlining why you are suitable for the role and would like to be interviewed for the position.
Alternatively, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
FAO Zoe Purkiss
4 Crescent House
Closing date for application: Friday 20th October 2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 23rd October 2023.
Please note that if the number of applications for the position is high, we may decide to close the position early, so please apply as soon as possible.