Job Title: Marketing
Remuneration: £15,600 per annum. £12 per hour.
Location: Eastleigh, Hampshire (Monday-Wednesday in office, Thursday and Friday work from home)
Start Date: 30th May 2023
African Adventures is on a mission to change lives through volunteering in Africa. We organise life-changing opportunities for young people from schools, colleges, and charities to volunteer at the 25 schools we work with in developing areas of Ghana, Kenya, and Zanzibar.
We’re a unique organisation that’s both a tour operator and a development agency. We provide a comprehensive travel service to our volunteer groups, organising everything from their flights and accommodation to their pre-departure support and fundraising ideas, whilst working closely with our partner schools in Africa to ensure we improve school facilities and educational opportunities for their students.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on an interesting and challenging role at a unique company. It would suit a friendly, hard-working and organised person, driven by an interest in people, travel, and international development.
You’ll have at least two years of experience in a similar or transferable role. You’ll be highly organised, passionate about travel and international development, and capable of building strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
• Manage contact databases for our target markets
• Add, edit, and remove data contacts for counties as required
• Manage enquiries and replies from potential group leaders
• Manage the acquisition of all image and video content from volunteer groups, including contacting groups for their submissions.
• Manage library of image and video content
• Website updates for the main company website, My AA and AAF
• Optimise imagery on the African Adventures website
• Managing volunteer feedback surveys
• Create/edit/send newsletters
Est. distribution of role
What We're Looking For
Minimum two years’ experience in a similar or transferable role
Friendly, team-orientated attitude
Highly motivated and a team player
Strong written and communication skills
Positive attitude to problem solving
Good IT skills
Passionate about international development, volunteering, travel and education
Experience of working in the school, travel or charity sector
• Flexible working hours and hybrid working
• Enrolment in the company bonus scheme
• 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing annually by one day with every year of service, up to 28 days.
• Private healthcare cover
• Company pension scheme with annual increments
Think You'll Be a Good Fit?
To apply for this role, click the button below and provide your CV and cover letter, outlining why you are suitable for the role and would like to be interviewed for the position.
Alternatively, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post:
FAO Zoe Purkiss
4 Crescent House
Closing date for application: Friday 14th April 2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 24th April 2023.
Please note that if the number of applications for the position is high, we may decide to close the position early, so please apply as soon as possible.