Group Travel Co-ordinator
Job Title: Group Travel Co-ordinator
Remuneration: £27,500 per annum (plus annual bonus scheme, worth £2,750)
Location: HQ in Eastleigh, Hampshire (Monday-Wednesday required in office, option to work from home on Thursdays and Friday)
Start Date: Monday 6th November
African Adventures organises life-changing trips for groups of schools, colleges and charities to volunteer at the 25 schools we work with in developing areas of Ghana, Kenya and Zanzibar.
We’re a unique organisation that’s both a tour operator and a development agency. We provide a comprehensive travel service to our volunteer groups, organising everything from their flights and accommodation to their pre-departure support and fundraising ideas, whilst working closely with our partner schools in Africa to ensure we improve school facilities and educational opportunities for their students.
Our Group Travel Co-ordinator will play a key role in delivering our pre-departure experience for our volunteer groups and liaising with our in-country teams to organise our volunteer work in Africa.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on an interesting and challenging role at a unique company. It would suit a friendly, hardworking, and organised person, driven by an interest in people, travel, and international development.
You’ll have at least two years’ experience in a similar or transferable role. You’ll be highly organised, passionate about travel and international development, and capable of building strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Manage a portfolio of volunteer groups (groups of schools, colleges, football clubs, Scouts/Guides) and organise their entire pre-departure experience from booking through to travel.
- Assist with the overall planning of our volunteer programmes in Ghana, Kenya and Zanzibar.
- Provide an outstanding service to your group leaders and customers.
- Organise your groups’ flights, accommodation, itinerary, volunteer work and all related travel arrangements.
- Deliver your groups’ pre-departure meetings (occasional evening meetings).
- Arrange DBS checks for volunteers over the age 18.
- Respond to enquiries related to the planning of your trips.
- Provide operational support during travel.
- Meet with group leaders on return from travel to gather feedback from trip.
- Provide support to the Volunteer Programmes Manager and any other needs of the business.
What We're Looking For
Minimum two years’ experience in a similar or transferable role
Friendly, team-orientated attitude
Highly motivated and a team player
Strong written and communication skills
Positive attitude to problem solving
Good IT skills
Passionate about international development, volunteering, travel and education
Experience of working in the school, travel or charity sector
• Flexible working hours and hybrid working
• Enrolment in the company bonus scheme
• 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing annually by one day with every year of service, up to 28 days.
• Private healthcare cover
• Company pension scheme with annual increments
Think You'll Be a Good Fit?
Please send your CV and a covering letter, outlining why you are suitable for the role and would like to be interviewed for the position, to Laura Kalus (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Alternatively, please submit your application by post:
FAO Laura Kalus
4 Crescent House
Closing date for application: Thursday 28th September 2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 2nd October 2023.
Please note that if the number of applications for the position is high, we may decide to close the position early, so please apply as soon as possible.