Our international Girlguide and Scout expeditions offer a simple, low-cost volunteering opportunity that is perfect for Scouts and Guides aged 13+.
With trips presented at fantastic value for money, and promising your group a rewarding and meaningful volunteering experience, it’s no wonder so many Scout and Girlguide groups are choosing African Adventures as their trusted expedition provider.
We help our valued Scout and Girlguide groups to fulfil their promise by impacting the lives of deprived young people in developing areas of Africa. We work hard to make the entire process as simple as possible for those organising the trip, from launch to your safe return. Our impeccable safety record and accreditations assure group leaders real peace of mind and our many years of working with young people has helped us to create a simple and outstanding expedition programme.
Personal development starts from the moment your Scouts or Girlguides sign up. Invaluable life skills, such as money management, independent decision-making and planning are gained throughout the process. Ultimately, we provide young people with a platform to learn and grow as young adults, changing lives and improving life prospects.
Please explore our trip options, find out more and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Girlguide and Scout Expeditions Trip Package
What’s Included In Your Package?
We pride ourselves on our excellent pre-departure service and fully inclusive Girlguide and Scout Expeditions.
- Dedicated UK Groups Manager & Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our My African Adventure portal and volunteer resource area
- Free place with every 10 volunteers
- Personal travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- Free t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Indirect flights from London Heathrow1 2
- Return airport transfers in-country
- Dedicated African Adventures Trip Co-ordinator
- Three meals per day
- Daily transport as per itinerary
- Organised project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Contribution to essential project development
After You Travel
- Full trip debrief with UK Groups Manager
- Certification of completion of volunteer programme for your group
What’s Not Included?
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee
During your trip
- Spending money
- Drinking water
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
- There is a £50 summer flying supplement for trips taking place in July and August
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Girlguides and Scouts will benefit greatly and will:
- Learn valuable skills such as money management, fundraising, planning and critical thinking.
- Enjoy a unique volunteering experience, which will enhance college, apprenticeship and university and job application prospects.
- Return as more globally and culturally aware citizens.
- Help create lasting change and become more understanding of sustainable development.
- Feel proud of the impact made whilst volunteering.
- Go on an emotional journey of cultural exchange.
- Build new relationships and make new friends.
- Be encouraged to continue their philanthropic commitment into the future.
Yes, return flights are included as standard in all our group trip packages.
Any person aged 13+ would be ideally suited to go on a trip. Explorer Scouts are particularly well-suited to our volunteer trip packages.
We organise trips throughout the year. Just let us know when you would like to travel!
Our safety record is impeccable. Visit the ‘Your Safety’ section of our website to find out more.
Our Group Leader places are entirely free (based on 10 volunteers travelling for every one leader).