Helping you make the most of your fundraising journey
Fundraising can be lots of fun, and is a fantastic way to help you prepare for your African Adventure. It is a great tool to help finance your volunteering experience whilst giving you the opportunity to use your talents and skills along the way.
You could fundraise individually or as a group, encourage your family and friends to donate, or even ask local companies to sponsor you – the possibilities are endless!
We have seen many of our volunteers successfully fundraise for their trips, demonstrating that, with the right commitment, some careful planning, and a positive attitude, you can raise the money you need to travel.
We love to hear about your fundraising, so please get in touch and we will do our best to help promote your activities!
of volunteers fundraised 50% or more of their total trip costs in 2019
of volunteers fundraised 75% or more of their total trip costs in 2019
My African Adventure
My African Adventure (My AA) is our exclusive online portal for volunteers that contains everything you need to prepare for your trip. The Fundraising and Promotion section of My AA is your one-stop shop for fundraising support, and includes a wealth of resources and tools to help you successfully fundraise your trip costs.
Head to My AA for:
- Fundraising Guide: Put together using volunteers’ experience and advice, our comprehensive guide contains a variety of fundraising inspiration, ideas, and practical guidance.
- Fundraising Tools: Get organised with our money planner, and download a range of other handy tools such as sponsorship letters and fundraising bucket wraps.
- Promotional Materials: Containing everything you need to get those donations rolling in, including fundraising posters, eye-catching images, and African Adventures logos.
We’ve partnered with easyfundraising to give you a simple way of raising money for your trip every time you shop online.
How does it work?
By using the easyfundraising website or app to shop online, you and your family can raise free donations for your trip. Over 4,300 retailers have signed up to raise free donations, ranging from everyday retailers like Amazon, eBay, Argos, John Lewis and M&S to travel sites like Trainline, Booking.com and Tui, and even takeaway and grocery retailers like Just Eat, Dominos, Uber Eats, Iceland and Waitrose.
easyfundraising offers a consistent fundraising opportunity, with no risk of being cancelled! And, because it’s all online, it means everyone can help you raise money easily and safely from home. It won’t cost your supporters anything extra either, because the retailers pay the donation – not the shopper.
Your Three-Step Fundraising Plan
- SPREAD THE WORD: Use the free tools provided – including ready-made social posts, downloadable flyers, hand-outs and even a PowerPoint presentation – to explain how it works to your supporters.
- GET THE DONATION REMINDER: The Donation Reminder makes sure your supporters never miss a donation by alerting them when they visit a retailer who will donate. It’s safe and completely free – plus, shoppers who have it installed raise up to five times more.
- THANK AND ENCOURAGE: Thanking supporters will encourage them to keep using easyfundraising! Use the new ‘Supporter Communications’ section of the easyfundraising website to set up automated messages to thank supporters when they sign up, raise a donation or raise their first £5.
If you have any questions about easyfundraising, you can contact June Whitehead here.
Fund My Travel
A good first step is to set up your Fund My Travel page. This is a great way to start collecting donations online from friends and family, and to keep track of the money raised from your fundraising events and activities. Make sure you promote your page on social media too, so that your cause reaches as many people as possible!
Tonyrefail Community School scale Pen-y-Fan
A group of students from Tonyrefail Community School bravely took on the challenge of climbing Pen-y-Fan, the highest peak in South Wales, to raise money for their volunteering trip to Kenya. Tia-Louise, one of the 30 students from the school who travelled to Kenya to volunteer with our partner projects in Nakuru, raised an incredible £493 from the climb. The group did extremely well with their fundraising, and greatly enjoyed their volunteering experience. Well done, everyone!
Cirencester Deer Park School fundraise for Ghana
Students at Cirencester Deer Park School have been busy fundraising for their trip. In addition to raffling off a Christmas hamper, the group have been bag-packing at their local supermarket, raising £329 in one afternoon. They will also be selling refreshments at Parents’ Evenings and at the school’s performances of Grease. The students are hoping to finish their fundraising by selling 1,000 numbered ping pong balls for £1 each, with the owner of the winning ball receiving a prize of £100.
Ellis raises £100 after whirlwind fundraising day!
Ellis, a volunteer with Burton Albion Community Trust, managed to raise £100 towards her trip costs in just one day, after packing in a five kilometre colour run and a bake sale at Derby University. To top up her fundraising, Ellis also held a quiz night, organised a “night at the races” event, and took part in a sponsored swim-a-thon, which saw her team up with three other volunteers to swim 26.2 miles in 12 hours. Ellis raised an incredible £2200 for her trip in total, which is absolutely amazing!