Our challenging and rewarding college expeditions boost your students’ personal development, helping them grow into confident and conscientious global citizens.
Your students can make a meaningful difference at our partner projects in Africa with our affordable college expeditions, whilst gaining crucial skills for later life. Furthermore, you can accompany them on this eye-opening and unforgettable adventure, with one free staff place for every 10 students.
The experience begins long before you depart. By fundraising, your students can develop life skills such as organisation, resilience and teamwork, helping them to prepare for their next steps in life – whether it’s university, employment, or an apprenticeship.
We promise to make the entire process as simple as possible. Our inclusive trip packages include everything you need to travel, and our friendly team will take care of all your trip admin, ensuring that you feel supported from start to finish.
We have 10 years’ experience of providing volunteering experiences for young people. Our comprehensive Safety Management System, and our awards and accreditations, means you can rest assured you’re travelling with a responsible, trusted provider.
Please explore our college expeditions, find out more and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Find out more about our college expeditions:
Five Reasons Why Colleges Choose Us
African Adventures is an educational travel specialist with over 10 years’ experience of organising volunteer experiences for thousands of students and hundreds of schools and colleges. We proudly hold a number of accreditations that should give you faith that you are travelling with a reputable and trusted company which is safely run, fully insured, and responsibly motivated.
We make your trip as easy to organise as possible. Our exclusive online platform holds all the tools and resources you and your group need to prepare for the journey ahead. Your friendly Trip Co-ordinator will take care of your trip admin and ensure that your group is looked after from the moment you book, through to your safe return to the UK.
African Adventures is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, aligning our work to the UN Sustainable Development Goals; the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. We are committed to driving 15 of the 17 Goals – related to people, planet, prosperity, peace, and partnership – giving our work real focus and meaning.
Here at African Adventures, we have established a unique, ethical and effective model of volunteering which allows volunteers to get the most out of their experience whilst providing maximum benefit to our partner projects.
Quite simply, we guarantee that you won’t find the same opportunity for less. Our packages include everything you need and our support tools make financing them as simple as possible.
College Trip Packages
Virtually everything you need is included in the cost of your trip:
- Free staff place with every 10 volunteers
- Dedicated UK Groups Manager
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our online portal, My African Adventure, for trip information, travel advice, payments and planning
- Bespoke volunteer travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- African Adventures t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Return indirect flights from London Heathrow1 2
- Return airport transfers in-country and daily transport
- Orientation upon arrival
- Dedicated in-country Trip Host
- Single-sex, shared accommodation
- Three meals per day (except adventure days)
- Pre-planned project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Project development contribution
What’s not included?
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee (£30-£60, subject to destination)
- DBS check for over 18s
During your trip
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
- A £50 supplement applies for flights departing in July or August
In a recent survey of our youth volunteers…
of respondents said that the experience met or exceeded their expectations
of respondents feel that their trip gave them a better insight into a different culture and the wider world
of respondents said their trip has given them the confidence to try new things
Discover and Explore
Frequently Asked Questions
If the trip is cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak, you will receive a full refund of your trip costs from African Adventures, so you can book with confidence.
If a volunteer falls unwell on one of our trips, including with suspected Coronavirus, the cost of medical treatment and, if required, repatriation is covered under the personal travel insurance policy included in the cost of your place.
Your students will:
- Learn valuable life skills such as money management, fundraising, planning and critical thinking.
- Enjoy a unique educational experience that will enhance apprenticeship, university and job application prospects.
- Return home as more globally and culturally aware citizens.
- Help to create lasting change and become more understanding of international development work.
- Develop resilience, confidence and independence, whilst boosting their personal development.
- Expand their comfort zones as they build new relationships and make new friends.
The benefits of educational volunteering can be found in our Learning Outside the Classroom white paper.
Yes, return flights are included as standard in all our group trip packages.
We have groups travelling throughout the year. Just let us know when is the best time for your group to travel!
Our safety record is impeccable. Visit the ‘Your Safety’ section of our website to find out more.
Our teacher places are entirely free (based on 10 students travelling for every one teacher).
No; African Adventures is a social enterprise. Our volunteers carry out fundraising to cover their trip costs – this is an important part of the African Adventures experience. The money that volunteers raise funds all aspects of their trip, such as flights, accommodation and adventure activities. As this money is not raised for a charity, volunteers should use crowdfunding webpages (e.g. FundMyTravel), rather than charity pages such as Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving.
We do, however, also have a charity arm called African Adventures Foundation, and some volunteers choose to fundraise for our charity on their return from Africa. Because African Adventures Ltd. covers any associated costs, African Adventures Foundation is able to ensure that 100% of the money donated is sent to where it is needed most, meaning that real impact can be made. Visit aaf.african-adventures.co.uk for more information.