Since 2009, we have helped dozens of charities and sports charitable trusts across the UK to fundraise over £500,000 with simple and effective fundraising charity challenges.
Join the many charities and sports charitable trusts who have teamed up with African Adventures to offer their supporters and stakeholders a challenging and effective fundraising solution.
As a charity, you’ll know just how hard funding can be to come by, especially when you have your own large and ambitious projects which you can’t wait to get started on. African Adventures’ charity challenges provide not only a great challenge where supporters can fundraise either individually or as a team, but also the option of a long-term beneficial partnership with African Adventures and a partner project in Africa.
Organising charity challenges can be a complicated and time-consuming process – not ours. We take care of everything after recruitment, from the moment the team books, until they return home. We’ll provide your charity with useful information on how to get the most from your challenge, whether you require help with fundraising, PR opportunities or volunteer support.
Each charity is unique and has specific fundraising objectives. We understand this and therefore each of our charity challenges is created as a bespoke package, so you know that your challenge will be a good fit for you.
Please explore our trip options, find out more and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Paul Newman, Community Manager for Derby County Community Trust (2018 EFL Community Club of the Year), talks about their Kenya trip.
Want to find out more?
We are here to support you and answer your questions.
Five Reasons Why Charities Choose Us
African Adventures is a specialist in charity challenges, having helped charities across the UK to raise over £500,000 for their various causes through innovative fundraising programmes.
We have established a unique, ethical and effective model of volunteering which allows volunteers to get the most out of their experience whilst providing maximum benefit to our partner projects. Simultaneously, your partnership with African Adventures delivers regular, unrestricted income.
Your supporters are crucial to running your charity effectively. African Adventures’ charity challenges are ideally suited to keep your fundraising calendar exciting and fresh, which in turn helps to ensure that supporters and fundraisers remain engaged and motivated.
We make the organisation of your trip as easy as possible. Our bespoke online platform holds all the tools and resources you and your group will need to prepare you for the journey ahead. Your dedicated Groups Manager will take care of trip admin and make sure that your entire group is looked after, from launch through to your safe return.
Quite simply, we can guarantee that you won’t find the same opportunity for less. Our offering is inclusive, economical and allows you to focus your attention on fundraising for your charity.
Charity Challenges Trip Package
What’s Included On Your Trip?
We pride ourselves on our excellent pre-departure service and fully inclusive charity challenges.
- Free place with every 10 volunteers
- Dedicated UK Groups Manager & Volunteer Co-ordinator
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our My African Adventure portal and volunteer resource area
- Personal travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- Free t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Indirect flights from London Heathrow1 2
- Return airport transfers in-country
- Dedicated African Adventures Trip Co-ordinator
- Single-sex, shared accommodation
- Three meals per day
- Daily transport as per itinerary
- Organised project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Contribution to essential project development
After You Travel
- Full trip debrief with UK Groups Manager
- Certification of completion of volunteer programme for all charity challenges
What’s Not Included?
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee
During your trip
- Spending money
- Drinking water
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
- There is a £50 summer flying supplement for trips taking place in July and August
Discover and Explore
Frequently Asked Questions
Your charity will benefit greatly and will…
- Raise crucial funds to help support your amazing work in the UK.
- Diversify your fundraising mix and engage with your fundraising network.
- See your supporters return as more globally and culturally aware citizens.
- Help create lasting change and become more understanding of sustainable development.
- Feel proud of the impact made whilst volunteering.
- Connect with, and reward, your charity’s support base.
- Build new relationships and make new friends.
- Be challenged, bringing your supporters together to work as a team, motivating your charity’s employees and supporters.
Yes, return flights are included as standard in all of our group trip packages.
The most successful of our charity challenges raised over £21,500.
Just let us know exactly when is the best time for your group to travel!