Since 2009, we have helped dozens of charities and sports charitable trusts across the UK to fundraise over £500,000 with simple and effective fundraising charity challenges.
Join the many charities and sports charitable trusts who have teamed up with African Adventures to offer their supporters and stakeholders a challenging and effective fundraising solution.
As a charity, you’ll know just how hard funding can be to come by, especially when you have your own large and ambitious projects which you can’t wait to get started on. African Adventures’ charity challenges provide not only a great opportunity for supporters to fundraise either individually or as a team, but also the option of a long-term beneficial partnership with African Adventures and a partner project in Africa.
Organising a charity challenge can be a complicated and time-consuming process – not with us. We take care of everything after recruitment, from the moment your team books, until they return home. We’ll provide your charity with useful information on how to get the most from your challenge, whether you require help with fundraising, PR opportunities or volunteer support.
Each charity is unique and has specific fundraising objectives. We understand this and therefore each of our charity challenges is created as a bespoke package, so you know that your challenge will be a good fit for you.
Please explore our trip options, find out more and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Paul Newman, Community Manager for Derby County Community Trust (2018 EFL Community Club of the Year), talks about their Kenya trip.
Want to find out more?
We are here to support you and answer your questions.
Five Reasons Why Charities Choose Us
African Adventures is a specialist in charity challenges, having helped charities across the UK to raise over £500,000 for their various causes through innovative fundraising programmes.
We have established a unique, ethical and effective model of volunteering which allows volunteers to get the most out of their experience whilst providing maximum benefit to our partner projects. Simultaneously, your partnership with African Adventures delivers regular, unrestricted income.
African Adventures is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, aligning our work to the UN Sustainable Development Goals; the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. We are committed to driving 14 of the 17 Goals – related to people, planet, prosperity, peace, and partnership – giving our work real focus and meaning.
We make your trip as easy to organise as possible. Our bespoke online platform holds all the tools and resources you and your group will need to prepare you for the journey ahead. Your dedicated Groups Manager will take care of trip admin and make sure that your entire group is looked after, from launch through to your safe return.
Quite simply, we can guarantee that you won’t find the same opportunity for less. Our offering is inclusive, economical and allows you to focus your attention on fundraising for your charity.
Charity Challenges Trip Package
What’s Included On Your Trip
We pride ourselves on our excellent pre-departure service and comprehensive packages.
- Free staff place with every 10 volunteers
- Dedicated UK Groups Manager
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our online portal, My African Adventure, for trip information, travel advice, payments and planning
- Bespoke volunteer travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- African Adventures t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Return indirect flights from London Heathrow1 2
- Return airport transfers in-country and daily transport
- Orientation upon arrival
- Dedicated in-country Trip Host
- Single-sex, shared accommodation
- Three meals per day (except adventure days)
- Pre-planned project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Project development contribution
What’s Not Included
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee (£30-£60, subject to destination)
- DBS check for over 18s (£10)
During your trip
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
- A £50 supplement applies for flights departing in July or August
In a recent survey of our youth volunteers…
of respondents said that the experience met their expectations
of respondents feel that their trip gave them a better insight into a different culture and the wider world
of respondents would recommend our trips to other young people
Discover and Explore
Frequently Asked Questions
Your charity will benefit greatly and will…
- Raise crucial funds to help support your amazing work in the UK.
- Diversify your fundraising mix and engage with your fundraising network.
- See your supporters return as more globally and culturally aware citizens.
- Help create lasting change and become more understanding of sustainable development.
- Feel proud of the impact made whilst volunteering.
- Connect with, and reward, your charity’s support base.
- Build new relationships and make new friends.
- Be challenged, bringing your supporters together to work as a team, motivating your charity’s employees and supporters.
Yes, return flights are included as standard in all of our group trip packages.
The most successful of our charity challenges raised over £21,500.
Just let us know exactly when is the best time for your group to travel!
Simply get in touch with us by clicking ‘Get Started‘ and one of our dedicated Groups Managers will give you a call.
No; African Adventures is a social enterprise. However, we do have a charity arm called African Adventures Foundation. Because African Adventures Ltd covers any associated costs, African Adventures Foundation is able to ensure that 100% of the money donated is sent to where it is needed most, meaning that real impact can be made. Visit www.aaf.african-adventures.co.uk for more information.