Since 2009, we have helped more than 30 sports charities and trusts raise over £500,000 for their own projects by providing simple and effective charity challenges.
Our charity challenges can help you improve the profile of your charity, boost your fan engagement, and raise vital funds for your community by offering your supporters the chance to take part in a challenging and rewarding volunteering experience in Africa.
In the months before you depart, your supporters will fundraise for your charity – and for their trip costs, if they wish to – before embarking on an unforgettable experience in Ghana, Kenya or Zanzibar. In the process, they will make a meaningful difference at the projects we support, whilst contributing to the amazing work your charity is doing within your local community.
Many of the clubs we work with have formed long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with our partner projects in Africa, returning annually in order to continue contributing to sustainable development in the communities where we work. As a result, their long-term fan engagement has improved, as supporters participate in the trip year-on-year.
Organising a charity challenge doesn’t have to be a complicated and time-consuming process. We take care of everything, including your flights, accommodation, meals, and project work, and help manage the promotion and recruitment of your trip. Our online portal – My African Adventure – contains everything you need to prepare for your experience, and our UK team will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
We understand that you have specific fundraising objectives that are unique to your charity. That’s why our charity challenges are created as bespoke packages, so you can rest assured that your trip will be an effective fundraising solution for you.
Please explore our trip options, find out more and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
A 20-strong group of EitC volunteers and NCS graduates went on a 10-day trip to Kenya in April 2019.
Five Reasons Why Charities Choose Us
African Adventures is a specialist in charity challenges, having helped charities across the UK fundraise over £500,000 for their own causes. One of our most successful charity challenges helped one charity raise over £21,500.
We have established a unique, ethical and effective model of volunteering which allows volunteers to get the most out of their experience whilst providing maximum benefit to our partner projects. Simultaneously, your partnership with African Adventures delivers regular, unrestricted income.
African Adventures is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, aligning our work to the UN Sustainable Development Goals; the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. We are committed to driving 14 of the 17 Goals – related to people, planet, prosperity, peace, and partnership – giving our work real focus and meaning.
We make your trip as easy to organise as possible. Our bespoke online platform holds all the tools and resources you and your group will need to prepare you for the journey ahead. Your dedicated Groups Manager will take care of trip admin and make sure that your entire group is looked after, from launch through to your safe return.
Quite simply, we can guarantee that you won’t find the same opportunity for less. Our offering is inclusive, economical and allows you to focus your attention on fundraising for your charity.
Charity Challenges Trip Package
What’s Included On Your Trip
We pride ourselves on our excellent pre-departure service and comprehensive packages.
- Free staff place with every 10 volunteers
- Dedicated UK Trip Co-ordinator
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our online portal, My African Adventure, for trip information, travel advice, payments and planning
- Bespoke volunteer travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- African Adventures t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Return indirect flights from London Heathrow1 2
- Return airport transfers in-country and daily transport
- Orientation upon arrival
- Dedicated in-country Trip Host
- Single-sex, shared accommodation
- Three meals per day (except adventure days)
- Pre-planned project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Project development contribution
What’s Not Included
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee (£30-£60, subject to destination)
- DBS check for over 18s
During your trip
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
- A £50 supplement applies for flights departing in July or August
In a recent survey of our volunteers…
of respondents said their trip has given them the confidence to try new things
of respondents feel that their trip gave them a better insight into a different culture and the wider world
of respondents said they would recommend the experience to others
Discover and Explore
Frequently Asked Questions
With our charity challenges, your charity can…
- Raise crucial funds for your community projects in the UK.
- Boost the profile of your charity and improve your club’s reputation.
- Increase your long-term fan engagement.
- Add something new to your fundraising mix and engage with your fundraising network.
- Help create lasting change at our partner projects in Africa.
- Feel proud of the impact made by your charity whilst volunteering.
- Connect with, and reward, your charity’s supporter base.
- Build new relationships and make new friends.
- Bring your supporters together to work as a team, and motivate your charity’s employees and fans.
Yes, return flights are included as standard in all of our group trip packages.
The most successful of our charity challenges raised over £21,500.
Just let us know exactly when is the best time for your group to travel!
Simply get in touch with us by clicking ‘Get Started‘ and one of our dedicated Groups Managers will give you a call.
No; African Adventures is a social enterprise. Our volunteers carry out fundraising to cover their trip costs – this is an important part of the African Adventures experience. The money that volunteers raise funds all aspects of their trip, such as flights, accommodation and adventure activities. As this money is not raised for a charity, volunteers should use crowdfunding webpages (e.g. FundMyTravel), rather than charity pages such as Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving.
We do, however, also have a charity arm called African Adventures Foundation, and some volunteers choose to fundraise for our charity on their return from Africa. Because African Adventures Ltd. covers any associated costs, African Adventures Foundation is able to ensure that 100% of the money donated is sent to where it is needed most, meaning that real impact can be made. Visit aaf.african-adventures.co.uk for more information.