African Adventures has helped raise over £500,000 for community trusts in the UK by organising life-changing charity challenges that develop sustainable partnerships with schools in Africa.
We’ve worked with over 30 sports charities, so we know how to help you run a brilliant supporter experience that raises important funds for your charity.
It really is this simple:
1) We design a bespoke trip in Ghana, Kenya or Zanzibar for you to offer your supporters. You can choose how much extra you want your participants to raise for your charity.
2) We help you promote it, and handle all enquiries and bookings for you.
3) Supporters have to fundraise their own costs, but you can choose to organise group fundraising events if you like to help them on their way.
4) Your team heads out to Africa to make a lasting difference at your partner project, with memories to last a lifetime. From flights and pre-departure support, to project work and in-country staff, we organise everything from start to finish.
A 20-strong group of EitC volunteers and NCS graduates went on a 10-day trip to Kenya in April 2019.
Five Reasons Why Charities Choose Us
We are proudly a small company, and we really care about the work we do. We’ve organised trips for over 6,000 UK volunteers over the past 10 years, and we know what it takes to run safe and successful international trips for your supporters. If you’d like to speak to one of the community trusts we already work with, we’ll happily put you in touch.
We have established a unique, ethical and effective model of volunteering which allows volunteers to get the most out of their experience whilst providing maximum benefit to our partner projects. Simultaneously, your partnership with African Adventures delivers regular, unrestricted income.
African Adventures is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, aligning our work to the UN Sustainable Development Goals; the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. We are committed to driving 15 of the 17 Goals – related to people, planet, prosperity, peace, and partnership – giving our work real focus and meaning.
We make your trip as easy to organise as possible. Our exclusive online platform holds all the tools and resources you and your group need to prepare for the journey ahead. Your friendly Trip Co-ordinator will take care of your trip admin and ensure that your entire group is looked after, from the moment you book right through to your safe return to the UK.
It costs your charity nothing to organise a trip with African Adventures, and we pride ourselves on our comprehensive packages that include virtually everything participants need whilst they are away.
Comprehensive Trip Packages
- Free staff place with every 10 volunteers
- Dedicated UK Trip Co-ordinator
- Launch presentation and pre-departure meeting
- Fundraising support and ideas
- Access to our online portal, My African Adventure, for trip information, travel advice, payments and planning
- Bespoke volunteer travel insurance
- Financial protection under the ATOL scheme
- African Adventures t-shirt
- Visa application support
When You Travel
- Return indirect flights from London Heathrow1
- Return airport transfers in-country and daily transport
- Orientation upon arrival
- Dedicated in-country Trip Host
- Single-sex, shared accommodation
- Three meals per day (except adventure days)
- Pre-planned project work
- 24-hour support in the event of an emergency
- Cultural events and activities
- Project development contribution
What’s not included:
Very little, actually.
- UK medical expenses – any vaccinations or antimalarial tablets
- Visa fee (£30-£60, subject to destination)
- DBS check for over 18s
During your trip
- Direct flights and regional airport departures available for additional cost
In a recent survey of our volunteers…
of respondents said their trip has given them the confidence to try new things
of respondents feel that their trip gave them a better insight into a different culture and the wider world
of respondents said they would recommend the experience to others
Discover and Explore
Frequently Asked Questions
If the trip is cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak, you will receive a full refund of your trip costs from African Adventures, so you can book with confidence.
If a volunteer falls unwell on one of our trips, including with suspected Coronavirus, the cost of medical treatment and, if required, repatriation is covered under the personal travel insurance policy included in the cost of your place.
With our charity challenges, your charity can…
- Raise crucial funds for your community projects in the UK.
- Boost the profile of your charity and improve your club’s reputation.
- Increase your long-term fan engagement.
- Add something new to your fundraising mix and engage with your fundraising network.
- Help create lasting change at our partner projects in Africa.
- Feel proud of the impact made by your charity whilst volunteering.
- Connect with, and reward, your charity’s supporter base.
- Build new relationships and make new friends.
- Bring your supporters together to work as a team, and motivate your charity’s employees and fans.
Yes, return flights are included as standard in all of our group trip packages.
The most successful of our charity challenges raised over £21,500.
Just let us know exactly when is the best time for your group to travel!
Simply get in touch with us by clicking ‘Get Started‘ and one of our friendly team will give you a call.
No; African Adventures is a social enterprise. Our volunteers carry out fundraising to cover their trip costs – this is an important part of the African Adventures experience. The money that volunteers raise funds all aspects of their trip, such as flights, accommodation and adventure activities. As this money is not raised for a charity, volunteers should use crowdfunding webpages (e.g. FundMyTravel), rather than charity pages such as Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving.
We do, however, also have a charity arm called African Adventures Foundation, and some volunteers choose to fundraise for our charity on their return from Africa. Because African Adventures Ltd. covers any associated costs, African Adventures Foundation is able to ensure that 100% of the money donated is sent to where it is needed most, meaning that real impact can be made. Visit aaf.african-adventures.co.uk for more information.