Why Get Involved?
You can choose from two volunteer roles:
Virtually everything you need is included in the cost of the trip:
- Financial protection through the ATOL scheme
- Return indirect flights to Accra from Birmingham
- Specialist volunteer travel insurance
- Single-sex, shared accommodation
- Three meals per day (except adventure weekend & transit days)
- Orientation upon arrival, 24-hour in-country support and dedicated Trip Host in Ghana
- All scheduled transport in Ghana
- Organised project work
- Access to our online portal, My AA, for trip details, pre-departure support & fundraising ideas
- Drumming lesson, beach visits & farewell celebration
- Keta Lagoon Retreat
- Project development contribution
- African Adventures t-shirt
What’s Not Included?
Not much, actually.
- UK medical expenses (any vaccinations or antimalarials) – always consult your GP
- Visa fee (£60)
- DBS check for over 18s